The Teen Board is a group of high school students from across the state dedicated to learning about Oklahoma's history and heritage while supporting the Oklahoma Hall of Fame's education programs.
The Teen Board offers students the opportunity to meet and learn from Oklahomans who are changing the world, while at the same time learn valuable real-world skills that help them develop deeper connections to one another and their communities. The Teen Board is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fundraiser benefitting the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum's Free Field Trip Program.
Applications for the 2021 Teen Board will open on May 3, 2021.
2021 Executive Committee
Avery Brown - Chair
Shyla Woody - Alumni Relations Chair
Zane-Micah Chiariello - Communications Chair
Mackenzie Amick - Development Chair
Jonathan Menzel - Education Chair
Luke Buzzelli - Student Engagement Chair
Claire Cornmesser - Secretary
Teen Board Member Requirements
- Be an Oklahoma high school student for the 2021-22 school year;
- Submit one recommendation letter from an adult (not a parent or relative) that knows the applicant well;
- Serve a 6-month term beginning in August 2021 and ending in January 2022;
- Be an active board member through attendance and participation in all board meetings, events, fundraising, and other volunteer or outreach opportunities;
- Commit to monthly meetings on the following dates: Monday, August 30; Monday, September 13; Monday, October 11; Monday, November 8; Monday, December 13; January 2022, exact date TBD. Please evaluate these dates prior to applying for this commitment.
Benefits of Teen Board Membership
- Opportunity for professional development to prepare students for life after high school;
- Verification of volunteer hours available, as well as letters of recommendation to colleges or potential employers;
- Opportunity to meet and interact with peers from across the state in addition to Members of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, Second Century Board, Board of Directors, and other community leaders;
- Special opportunity to meet and interact with the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Class of 2021.