The Teen Board is a group of high school students from across the state dedicated to learning about Oklahoma's history and heritage while supporting the Oklahoma Hall of Fame's education programs.
The Teen Board offers students the opportunity to meet and learn from Oklahomans who are changing the world, while at the same time learn valuable real-world skills that help them develop deeper connections to one another and their communities. The Teen Board is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fundraiser benefiting the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum's Free Field Trip Program.
Applications for the 2023 Teen Board will open April.
The 2022 Teen Board Executive Committee:
Nicholas Castilla - Chair
Aminata Kamara - Alumni Relations Chair
Maddie Smith - Communications Chair
Olivia Tedesco - Development Chair
Julia Woolery - Education Chair
Zane-Micah Chiariello - Student Engagement Chair
Jules Reed - Secretary
Teen Board Member Requirements
- Be an Oklahoma high school student for the 2023-24 school year;
- Submit one recommendation letter from an adult (not a parent or relative) that knows the applicant well;
- Serve a 6-month term beginning in August and ending in January;
- Commit to attend monthly meetings August through January;
- Be an active board member through attendance and participation in all board meetings, events, fundraising, and other volunteer or outreach opportunities.
Benefits of Teen Board Membership
- Opportunity for professional development to prepare students for life after high school;
- Verification of volunteer hours available, as well as letters of recommendation to colleges or potential employers;
- Opportunity to meet and interact with peers from across the state in addition to Members of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, Second Century Board, Board of Directors, and other community leaders;
- Special opportunity attend and serve as ceremony escorts at the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.