The 2018 Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board welcomed 42 students from 22 high schools across the state to help support he mission of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, to tell Oklahoma's story through its people. Thank you to everyone involved in making 2018 a great year!
“Being part of the 2018 Teen Board means that we have committed to be a force of change for the future of Oklahoma. We are proud of our history and heritage as Oklahomans and as a group of dedicated teenagers, we look forward to sharing our diverse backgrounds and experiences with each other to make an impact in our schools and communities.”
Johnathan Tully, Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board Chairman.
For your donation of $50, you will receive a copy of Will Rogers: Our American Legend, autographed by author, Governor Frank Keating. In addition, Sonic, America's Drive-in, will donate a book to an Oklahoma educational institution on your behalf.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board offers students the opportunity to promote pride in the community and state, while at the same time learn valuable real-world skills.
Students also have the opportunity to meet notable Oklahomans and participate in organization and Museum programming. The Teen Board is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fundraiser to benefit the education programs of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum.
- Applications will open April 1, 2019
- Applicants should be Oklahomans in 9th through 12th grade.
- Teen Board Members are selected after completing an application and interview process. Each application must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from an adult (other than a parent or relative) who knows the applicant well.
- Teen Board members will serve a five-month term, beginning in August and ending in December.
- Those selected for the Teen Board must attend an orientation meeting in August.
- Verification of volunteer hours will be provided and, if requested, letters of recommendation to colleges or potential employers will also be available.
Contact Jeff Jacobsen, director of marketing and communications at 405.523.3208 or email@example.com.
Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board Fundraising
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame is proud to offer students for all 77 counties across the state the opportunity to visit the Gaylord-Pickens Museum in Oklahoma City for FREE as part of the Free Field Trip program, powered by the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board. Through the annual Teen Board fundraiser we can reach over 5,000 students throughout the state.
Student groups from 5 to 150 can receive free admission to explore the museum, take a guided tour, participate in specialized activities and also receive a $4.00 per student fuel stipend, or Chick-fil-A sack lunch. This important educational opportunity is an important part of the mission of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, which tells the story of Oklahoma through its people to instill pride in this great state and to inspire all to change the world!
Questions about the program can be directed to Jeff Jacobsen at 405.523.3208 or