We are proud to welcome the 2020-2021 Board! Stay tuned for exciting announcements about the plans for this year.
The Teen Board offers students the opportunity to learn more about Oklahomans who have changed the world, while at the same time learn valuable real-world skills that help them develop connections to their communities. Now in its 14th year, the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board continues its statewide impact.
The Teen Board is responsible for planning and implementing an annual fundraiser to benefit the education programs of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum's Free Field Trip Program. Each member of the Teen Board will be responsible for attending all meetings, serving on a committee, and participating in fundraising. Please review the application process below to determine if you are interested in applying and can to commit to the requirements.
Teen Board Member Requirements:
- Applicants should be Oklahoma students in 9th through 12th grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Applicants are required to submit one letter of reference from an adult (not a parent or relative) that knows them well.
- Teen Board Members will serve a six-month term, beginning in August and ending with an event in January 2021.
- Attendance at and active participation in all board meetings, events, fundraising, and other volunteer or outreach opportunities is expected.
- Those selected for the Teen Board must attend a virtual orientation meeting on Monday, August 31st from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, commit to a monthly meeting held from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM on the second Monday of each month: September 14, October 12, November 9, December 14, and finish the year with a special event in January 2021, exact date TBD. Please evaluate these dates prior to applying for this commitment.
Teen Board Member Benefits:
- Teen Board Members will receive professional development toolkits and challenges to prepare students for life after high school.
- Verification of volunteer hours will be provided, and if requested, letters of recommendation to colleges or potential employers will also be available.
- Teen Board Members will have the opportunity to meet and interact with peers from across the state, in addition to Members of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, Second Century Board, and Board of Directors.
- Teen Board Members will have a special opportunity to meet and interact with the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Class of 2020.
Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board Fundraising
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame is proud to offer students for all 77 counties across the state the opportunity to visit the Gaylord-Pickens Museum in Oklahoma City for FREE as part of the Free Field Trip program, powered by the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board. Through the annual Teen Board fundraiser we can reach over 5,000 students throughout the state.
Student groups from 10 to 150 can receive free admission to explore the museum, take a guided tour, and also receive a $4.00 per student fuel stipend, or Jimmy Johns sack lunch. This important hands-on opportunity is critical in today's challenging educational environment.
We look forward to the 2020-2021 Class of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board re-defining the commitment of young Oklahomans' connection to our peers and the communities in which we live. This enhanced relationship will lead to stronger communication, clearer understanding, and an increased level of pride in Oklahoma.
Ava Woolery – 2020-2021 Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board Chairman
Questions about the program can be directed to Halsey Musselman at 405.523.3203 or