Free Field Trips to All Oklahoma Students!
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum provide Free Field Trips to students statewide during the school year and summer. The Free Field Trip program includes:
- FREE admission to the Museum for students, teachers, and chaperones.
- A reimbursed fuel stipend of $4.00 per-student in attendance.
- Themed Museum tours geared for elementary through high school aged students.
- Specialized tours focusing on Early Childhood Learning, STEAM, Energy, Leaders, and our standard Premium tour are all available. Each of these tours can be requested through the application or after scheduling.
- Pre-arrival materials that include lesson plans and slideshows to review with students prior to your visit. Tours and lesson plans have been designed to meet Oklahoma Academic Standards!
- Accommodations for accessibility needs can be indicated in the application process or after scheduling.
- Student groups must include a minimum of 8 students to qualify for the free field trip program.
- We request 1 chaperone for every 10 students; all chaperones receive free admission.
- Free Field Trip dates and times are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
We understand the challenges in the educational environment today. Hear directly from teachers and students on the importance of these free educational opportunities in the video below.
Located in Midtown, just a few minutes from downtown Oklahoma City, at the corner of NW 13th Street and Shartel Avenue.
1400 Classen Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Open to the public hours:
- Tuesday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday & Monday: Closed
The Museum is closed on Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Please consult our COVID-19 Policies page for additional information.
Parking & Directions
FREE parking is available in the lot on the north side of the building. Buses and motor coaches should drop passengers off at the entrance to the Edith Kinney Gaylord Garden and park on the north end of the parking lot.
Please silence cell phones and devices to refrain from disturbing other guests’ museum experience. Photography, video or tape recording in the exhibits is only allowed with special permission from the Oklahoma Hall of Fame's administrative staff. Thank you for helping us keep the Gaylord-Pickens Museum safe and enjoyable for all!
Click here for a full list of Guest Guidelines.
Food and Beverges
Outside food and drink, including gum, are prohibited, however, school groups may bring sack lunches to eat on-site if arrangements are made in advance.
The health and safety of our guests and staff continues to be our first priority. Masks are required for all group visits. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is encouraged. Our exhibits and galleries currently have reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. More information can be found on our COVID-19 Policies page.