Free Field Trips
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum is offering FREE FIELD TRIPS to students statewide throughout the 2020-2021 school year.
The FREE Field Trip program includes:
- FREE admission to the Museum for students, teachers and chaperones.
- A reimbursed fuel stipend of $4.00 per-student in attendance.
- Themed Museum tours geared for elementary through high school aged students.
- Specialized tours focusing on Early Childhood Learning, STEAM, Energy, Leaders, and our standard Premium tour is also available.
- Each tour has pre-arrival materials that include lesson plans and slideshows to review with students prior to your visit. These tours also have been designed to meet Oklahoma Academic Standards! Each of these tours can be requested through the application or after scheduling.
- Accommodations for accessibility needs can be indicated in the application process or after scheduling.
- Group Guidelines: Student groups must include a minimum of 8 students to qualify for the free field trip program. The following student/adult ratios are recommended:
- Grade 5 and below: 1 adult per 5 students
- Grade 6 and above: 1 adult per 10 students
- Adult chaperones receive complimentary admission.
- FREE Field Trip dates and times are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Through February 2021, the current group maximum is 65 people. Students are split into groups of 15 with chaperones for a guided tour.
- View complete information packet here!
To book a FREE Field Trip for your group please click the button below to submit the online application, or download and complete the application form below. If you have additional questions, please call Whittney Allen in the Museum Services Department at 405.523.3216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We understand the challenges in the educational environment today. The Oklahoma Hall of Fame offers FREE Field trips to students statewide to tell Oklahoma's story through its most important asset, its people. You can hear directly from teachers and students on the importance of these FREE educational opportunities in the video below.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum is located in Midtown Oklahoma City, just a few minutes from downtown Oklahoma City.
- 1400 Classen Drive (NW 13th Street and Shartel Avenue)
- Oklahoma City, OK 73106
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The second Saturday of each month: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
The Museum is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, November 27th and December 24th through January 1, 2021.
Parking & Directions
FREE parking is available in the lot on the north side of the building. Buses and motor coaches should drop passengers off at the north entrance to the Edith Kinney Gaylord Garden and park on the north end of the parking lot.
Photography, video or tape recording in the exhibits is only allowed with special permission from the Oklahoma Hall of Fame's administrative staff. Please silence cell phones and devices to refrain from disturbing other guests’ museum experience.
Food and Beverges
Outside food and drink, including gum, are prohibited, however, school groups may bring sack lunches to eat on-site if arrangements are made in advance.
Please contact Whittney Allen at 405.523.3211 or