Archives & Collections Intern
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Archives Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time (May 22 - August 11, 2023; minimum of 10 hours per week)
LOCATION(S): Main Facility
COMPENSATION: $1,200 stipend; May qualify for college credit
SUMMARY: Interns will gain experience in archival practices in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Archives at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum including, but not limited to, training in software programs and best museum practices essential to operations and developing professional skills beneficial to careers in museums and archives. Interns will play a key role in the organization and preservation of museum collections. This position alternates time in the departmental offices and in public areas with staff, volunteers, and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support general collections management efforts, organization, and processing of collections.
- Assist with handling artwork collections or archival materials.
- Learn best practices for collections and archives storage to assist in maintenance
- Help collect and record information for accurate collections records.
- Learn how to work with Past Perfect museum management software and input data.
- Maintain work journal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College junior, senior or graduate student majoring in History, Museum Studies, Art History, Library and Information Studies, or related field of study.
- Interest in archival or collections management work.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this internship, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read printed matter; climb up and down step ladders; and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud and situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Complete in their entirety the Employment Application and Background Check Consent Form located on the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Employment page.
- Email current resume, cover letter, a letter of recommendation, Employment Application, and Background Check Consent Form to Olivia Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline is April 5, 2023.