Page, Lucille | 1958
- Birth and Death Year | 1882-1973
- Induction Year | 1958
- Profession | Civic Leader
- Oklahoma Connection | Page came with her husband Charles to Sand Springs, Oklahoma, around 1908.
- Hometown | Sand Springs
In memory of her husband Charles Page, Lucille Page gave Sand Springs its city library and the Page statue that overlooks the town’s downtown triangle area.
“Mrs. Page has been an important factor in the civic, cultural and educational life of Sand Springs.” - Tulsa’s Daily World
Lucille Page was born in Illinois and married Charles Page in 1907, who had gained his wealth in both the Colorado gold mines and the Oklahoma oil fields. Following his death in 1926, Mrs. Page continued to carry on with the humanitarian and philanthropic works of her husband. She operated and expanded the Sand Springs Home and the Widow’s Colony for widows and orphans and donated the Sand Springs Library. The Pages also established the industrial area which grew into Sand Springs and built the city’s railway, connecting with Tulsa’s four railroads, the light and power plant, the natural gas system, and the city water system.