Special Events Concierge
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager of Special Events
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-Time, Evenings, Weekends and Holidays
LOCATION(S): Oklahoma Hall of Fame Gaylord-Pickens Museum, and satellite locations.
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
SUMMARY: The Special Event Concierge is an integral part of the special events team. This position is responsible for delivering a premiere hospitality experience for our clients, guests and vendors while executing non-Oklahoma Hall of Fame-sponsored events. Requires an organized, detail-oriented person with strong customer service skills and time management skills. Experience in event planning, weddings or in the hospitality industry required. Part-time position based on scheduled events, guarantee 5-10 hours a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and executing on-site events at the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and addressing problems that may arise, while ensuring the safety and security of the Gaylord Pickens Museum.
- Greet clients, guests and vendors in a friendly and kind manner making them feel welcome. Provide an exceptional customer service experience for all clients and their guests.
- Foster strong relationships with our catering partners, event planners, security representative and third-party vendors.
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable in high stress environments while remaining professional and courteous.
- Is courteous, tactful and helpful but firm in enforcing event policies and procedures. Must be able to have difficult conversations with clients and vendors.
- Execute banquet event orders (BEO’s), confirm event set-up requests including audio visual equipment, and readiness of the building.
- Ensure property is tidy at the end of every event.
- Attend weekly BEO and final walkthrough event meetings as needed.
- Accept other special duties as required by management.
- Possess basic knowledge of local lodging, attractions, restaurants and destinations.
- Willing and available to work a varying schedule to reflect the business needs of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame. Work schedule will include; nights, weekends with the possibility of working holidays.
- A clean appearance and professional demeanor.
- Ability to follow the dress code: business casual, in dark colors; black, navy or dark gray.
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Service, Event Planning or Hospitality Service Industry.
- Flexible schedule—including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Outgoing personality.
- Knowledge of Triple Seat Event software and All Seated event software a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read printed reports and create reports. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an indoor and outdoor environment. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF) is committed to modeling excellence and best practices to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The OHOF is dedicated to championing policies and practices that value all people and does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or religion.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.