Special Event Concierge
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager of Special Events
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-Time, evenings and weekends
LOCATION(S): Gaylord-Pickens Museum, home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, and Satellite Locations
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
SUMMARY: The Special Event Concierge is an integral part of the special events team. This position is responsible for delivering a premiere hospitality experience for guests/clients/vendors, as well as the execution of non-Oklahoma Hall of Fame-sponsored events. Requires an organized, detail-oriented person with strong customer service and time management skills. Wedding, hospitality, and event experience preferred.
- Responsible for overseeing the organization and execution of on-site events at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum, including the safety and security of the Museum itself.
- Foster strong relationships with exclusive catering, valet partners, and third-party vendors.
- Possess basic knowledge of local lodging, attractions, restaurants, and destinations.
- Working knowledge of event set-up and the ability to troubleshoot audio-visual equipment and technology for web meetings.
- Work with Manager of Special Events to create and manage communication processes that provide a high-touch, exceptional customer service experience for all customers and their guests.
- Verify and execute banquet events orders (BEOs) to ensure proper set-up, use of equipment, and readiness of building.
- Attend one to three weekly BEO and event meetings either in-person or via ZOOM
- Greet clients upon arrival and facilitate introductions to event staff. Secure/deliver amenities for all events.
- Duties otherwise unassigned.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Software
- Knowledge Triple Seat booking/client management and All Seated event software a plus.
- 2+ Years’ Experience in the Hospitality Service Industry
- Flexible Schedule—including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Outgoing Personality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memorandums, and other printed matter, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud; situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common; and travel to other sites within the metropolitan area are possible.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF) is committed to modeling excellence and best practices to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The OHOF is dedicated to championing policies and practices that value all people and does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or religion.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Complete in its entirety the Employment Application and the Consent to Background Check located at OklahomaHoF.com.
- Attach current resume and cover letter detailing your experience.
- Email to: Bethany Deason at email@example.com