JOB TITLE: Museum Associate
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager of Museum Education
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time (Tuesday-Saturday, 12 to 18 hours per week average)
LOCATION(S): Main Facility
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager of Museum Education and the Manager of Museum Education and Outreach, the Museum Associate is the first point of contact for all Museum guests. Museum Associates greet and welcome guests, answer the phone, process Admissions and Gift Store sales, assist in the cataloguing of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame archives, perform data entry, and assist in various projects. Museum Associates also act as tour guides as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in opening and closing duties each day
- Process all gift store and admissions sales
- Greet and welcome guests
- Act as tour guide as needed
- Answer questions and address visitor complaints
- Maintain front desk and gift store
- Duties otherwise assigned
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: Museum, tour guide, and archives or collections experience preferred.
- A customer-oriented approach is essential
- Work well with teams
- Ability to represent the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum in a consistently positive and professional manner to internal and external audiences
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memorandums, and other printed matter, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud; situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common; and travel to other sites within the metropolitan area and to rural communities statewide are possible.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Complete in its entirety the Employment Application located at OklahomaHoF.com.
- Attach current resume and cover letter detailing your experience.
- Email to: Emma Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org