Marketing & Communications Associate
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time; 15-20 hours per week, based on availability
LOCATION(S): Gaylord-Pickens Museum and offsite as needed
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
SUMMARY: To assist the Director of Marketing & Communications with marketing, advertising, and public relations activities related to the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Scissortail Gifts (the Made in Oklahoma store located within the Gaylord-Pickens Museum).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with managing the annual and monthly social media calendars for both the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Scissortail Gifts accounts.
- Create appealing social media posts to increase reach and engagement of our audience, including graphics, videos, stories, and reels.
- Stay on top of social media trends, including trending reels, transitions, and audio tracks for use in future posts.
- Take photos and videos of programs in action in the Museum to highlight the impact of donor giving.
- Create electronic newsletters utilizing the organization’s database – compile content; design layout; and generate accurate distribution reports.
- Design electronic and print marketing pieces, including program flyers, mailers, postcards, signs, event invitations, etc.
- Write and edit press releases for events, activities, and awards.
- Assist with the organization’s website redesign process, including writing copy, designing graphics, gathering information from internal departments, liaising with external partners, etc.
- Collaborate with partner agencies, consultants, designers, and printers.
- Assist with managing external advertising contracts to ensure full utilization of benefits.
- Strategize with the marketing team for potential Centennial celebration events and activities.
- Perform other tasks based on the needs of the organization and the successful candidate’s interests, skills, and experience.
- College degree preferred, focused in the fields of marketing, advertising, graphic design, public relations, business, non-profit management, or another related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Previous experience with using Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- High comfortability level with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Video editing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Enthusiasm for the Oklahoma Hall of Fame’s mission to tell Oklahoma’s story through its people.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memorandums, and other printed matter, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud; situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common; and travel to other sites within the metropolitan area are possible.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF) is committed to modeling excellence and best practices to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The OHOF is dedicated to championing policies and practices that value all people and does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or religion.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Complete in their entirety the Employment Application and Consent to Background Check located on the OklahomaHOF.com Employment Page.
- Attach current resume and cover letter detailing your experience.
- Email to: Michelle Sopp at firstname.lastname@example.org