JOB TITLE: Events Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Events
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time
LOCATION(S): Main Facility
COMPENSATION: $12-$15 per hour based on experience
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Director of Special Events, the Events Manager will serve as the liaison between the Gaylord-Pickens Museum (GPM), home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF), and all stakeholders, including GPM and third-party vendors, while at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum. The Event Manager should exude professionalism and have a passion for providing extraordinary hospitality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand, confirm, and execute all elements of Event Orders.
- Greet, anticipate, and fulfill guest and vendor needs to ensure a smooth and memorable experience
- Conduct final inspection/walk through at the conclusion of each event to ensure adherence to GPM and OHOF standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- And other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: At least two years event manager/coordinator and vendor management experience preferred.
- A customer-oriented approach is essential; strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and Gaylord-Pickens Museum in a consistently positive and professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memorandums, and other printed matter, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud; situations characteristic to working with large groups and school-age children are common.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Complete in its entirety the Employment Application located at OklahomaHoF.com.
- Attach current resume and cover letter detailing your experience.
- Email to: Lacey Trent at firstname.lastname@example.org