Director of Special Events
JOB TITLE: Director of Special Events
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
LOCATION(S): Gaylord-Pickens Museum, home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame
SUMMARY: The Director of Special Events is an integral part of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame team. This position is responsible for the solicitation, booking, and execution of non-Oklahoma Hall of Fame-sponsored events and requires a goal-oriented person with strong sales experience. Wedding event experience preferred, but not required.
- Coordinate and manage all business and social events held at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for event revenue and expenses.
- Manage relationships with outside catering and valet partners.
- Generate banquet events orders (BEOs) to ensure proper set-up, use of equipment, and readiness of building.
- Facilitate introduction of event staff to client(s) for all events.
- Generate new event clients and donors through outreach.
- Create and foster with director of development long-term relationships with social and corporate clients to benefit the programs of Oklahoma Hall of Fame and the Gaylord-Pickens Museum.
- Manage event and security staff.
- Work with director of communications and marketing to promote venue.
- Serve as staff liaison to Oklahoma Hall of Fame Teen Board with duties including being present during all Teen Board meetings, holding leadership retreats for executive committee, and assist in overall execution of the annual Teen Board fundraiser.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Word Processing Skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- WINDSX Door Lock System proficiency preferred, but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read and draft reports, memorandums, and other printed matter; will be required to provide tours of both the interior and grounds of the Gaylord-Pickens Museum; and travel to off-site locations to generate new event clients and donors.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common; and travel to other sites within the metropolitan area and to rural communities statewide are possible.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Complete in its entirety the Employment Application located at OklahomaHoF.com.
Attach cover letter and resume.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org