Building Operations Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager of Museum Maintenance
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time, evenings and weekends; 20-30 hours per week
LOCATION(S): Gaylord-Pickens Museum, home of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame, and Satellite Locations
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
SUMMARY: Duties will consist of the set-up and tear down of chairs, tables, and other equipment for all events held at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum. Assist Building Operations department with routine maintenance tasks. Execute shipping, receiving and delivery of books for the Publishing department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up and tear down of chairs, tables, and other equipment
- Vacuuming, mopping and sweeping floors
- Cleaning chairs, tables, and equipment
- Cleaning glass surfaces and other janitorial duties
- Parking lot and grounds inspection and clean-up
- Shipping book orders, processing book order returns and delivering book orders
- Regular routine building maintenance tasks as assigned
- Assist with small construction projects
- Some outdoor maintenance as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work night and weekend shifts (typically 3 – 4 hours) as needed
- General knowledge of hand tools
- General knowledge of building systems
- Dependable transportation
- Attention to details
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; lift and/or move 50lbs repetitiously; frequently ascend and descend stairs and ladders; and kneel, creep, crouch and/or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud; situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common; and travel to other sites within the metropolitan area are possible.
The Oklahoma Hall of Fame (OHOF) is committed to modeling excellence and best practices to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. The OHOF is dedicated to championing policies and practices that value all people and does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, socioeconomic status, citizenship status, or religion
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Complete in their entirety the Employment Application and Consent to Background Check located on the OklahomaHOF.com Employment page.
- Email to: Bethany Deason at email@example.com