JOB TITLE: Oklahoma Hall of Fame Archives Intern
REPORTS TO: Archives Manager and Registrar
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible Schedule, 8-10 hours per week
LOCATION(S): Main Facility
COMPENSATION: $500 Stipend
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 1, 2019
SUMMARY: Interns gain experience in archival practices in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame Archives at the Gaylord-Pickens Museum including, but not limited to, training in software programs and best museum practices essential to operations and developing professional skills beneficial to careers in museums and archives. Interns will play a key role in the organization and preservation of museum collections. This position alternates time in the departmental offices and in public areas with staff, volunteers, and visitors. The successful candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented. To be discussed in the interview, interns will create a deliverable project for museum use and his/her portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support general collections management efforts for storage, organization, and processing of collections.
- Assist in preservation management, considering issues such as proper environment, housing, and handling.
- Conduct research on Oklahoma Hall of Fame Members or other notable Oklahomans.
- Other duties as assigned by archives management.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Open to undergraduates and graduates majoring in History, Museum Studies, Art History, Humanities, Library and Information Studies, or related field of study.
- Interest in archival or museum work.
- Excellent organizational skills and basic computer literacy.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this internship, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read printed matter; climb up and down step ladders; and must be able to lift up to 40 pounds..
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud and situations characteristic to working with school-age children are common.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Complete in its entirety the Employment Application and Background Check Consent Form located at OklahomaHoF.com.
- Attach current resume, cover letter, letter of recommendation, Employment Application, and Background Check Consent Form to email@example.com.