24 Works on Paper
Free Public Reception Thursday December 5th 5-7 PM RSVP on Facebook here!
On display in the Tulsa World | Lorton Family Gallery from December 5, 2019 – January 18, 2020
Paper is about possibility—both literal and metaphorical. Familiar and accessible to artists at every level, paper has spurred centuries of innovative creation. Over the past two decades or so, paper has even proven itself resilient in the face of digital technologies and screen culture. We love the look and feel of paper, its responsiveness to pencil, ink, chalk, marker, and paint—and we love the drama of its sound as it is cut, torn, folded, and crumpled. We likewise love its history, which opens up the potential for wit, humor, and profundity. In this exhibition, twenty-four artists from across Oklahoma masterfully explore the limitless possibilities of paper.
A biennial traveling exhibition, this exhibit features work by living Oklahoma artists: MJ Alexander,, Michelle Bradsher, Marti Cordova, Jason Cytacki, Bryan Dahlvang, Kiana Daneshmand, Brian Dehart, Emma Difani, Douglas Elder, JJ Hawkey, Claire Holloway, Jennifer Johnson, Howard Koerth, Jana LaChance, Andy Mattern, Regina Murphy, romy owens, Haley Prestifilippo, Mat Reed, Mark Sisson, Virginia Sitzes, Sheri Talkington, Carla Waugh, and Jenny Woodruff. Curated by Louise Siddons, Ph.D., Associate Professor of American, Native American, Modern and Contemporary art history at Oklahoma State University.
Inclusion in Art- Spirit of Color
On display in the Tulsa-World | Lorton Family Gallery February 6 - April 30, 2020
Free, public events:
- Exhibition Reception, 5:00-7:00 pm, February 13 RSVP on Facebook here!
- DiverseCity happy hour featuring artist talk by Al Bostick, 5:00-8:00 pm, April 16 | Artist talk begins at 6:00 pm
- Spring Thing: Artist Day, 10am-12pm, Friday, March 20
- See-You Saturday: Spirit of Color, 10am-4pm, Saturday, April 11
Future Exhibits in the Tulsa World | Lorton Family Gallery
High Five Integrated Art
- On Display: May 12 - May 18
- Free Reception: May 12, 10am-1pm
From Earth to Sky: The Art of Barbara S. Scott and David Holland
- On Display June 2 - September 10
- Free Reception: June 4, 5-7pm
The Art of DG Smalling and Nicole Moan
- On Display: October 1 - January 21, 2021
- Free Reception: October 1, 5-7 pm
Oklahoma's Highest Honor
Featured 2020 Oklahoma Hall of Fame Banquet & Induction Ceremony Dates
- Nominations for the 2020 Class of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame close on March 6, 2020.
- Class of 2020 Media Class Announcement: Thursday, May 21, 2020
- 93rd Annual Oklahoma Hall of Fame Banquet & Induction Ceremony: Thursday, November 12, 2020, Norman
Visit OklahomaHoF.com for details and stay up-to-date on all
Oklahoma Hall of Fame happenings @OklahomaHoF on Social Media
See YOU Saturday
SEE YOU SATURDAY - FREE ADMISSION All-Year-Long on the Second Saturday of Each Month!
Join us Spring Break from Monday, March 16th through Saturday, March 21st, 2020!
Every Thursday from Memorial Day to Labor Day!
Join us Fall Break from Monday, October 12th through Saturday, October 17th, 2020!